In my opinion, LinkedIn is the easiest platform to master. Like anything consistency is key so you must keep it if you want to thrive but if you follow these steps you will see immediate results and because we are in an instant gratification society I always go to LinkedIn if I want to see some great results for the week.
- The Algorithm – Unlike Facebook where if you post in the morning and I do not check until the afternoon I may not see your posts. LinkedIn is completely different. Many people do not check LinkedIn every day some only check once a month. LinkedIn understands that and so for my posts show up on my follower’s timeline ALL Month LONG!
- Less Competition – Think of the big fish in a small swimming pool vs small or medium fish in a HUGE swimming pool. It is easier to win when it is less competition so I encourage everyone to include LinkedIn in their platforms they should master.
- The benefits in other areas – I have had success in hiring people from LinkedIn and have been offered jobs because of my posting. Now while my primary goal is to grow my reach and expand my audience and gain more customers it does not help for those other two areas. You never know when you may want to gain another stream of income or expand your business structure and start hiring employees or contracts.
4 Steps To Rock LinkedIn
- Complete your LinkedIn Profile In Its Entirety.
- I know you are thinking that it can be time-consuming and if you are starting at the very beginning you won’t see immediate results but it is so very worth it. LinkedIn can be your virtual resume if you dress it up pretty. You can add your wants, volunteer experiences and more and it shows if you do not have anything to put in a section what to work toward.
- Once you fill out your profile section in its entirety LinkedIn rewards you by allowing other people endorse you for suggested skill sets and allow you to receive recommendations from other LinkedIn users.
- Publish an Article Every Other Week
- Start a Content Calendar and start creating articles. When you strategize it helps you to not be overwhelmed. Publish every other week and remain on top of the timeline. This will also force you to get better as a writer and that will only help you in your business.
- Spend 30 minutes 2 Days A Week On LinkedIn
- You have exhausted your “Facebook funds” which means that all of your friends and family that were going to support you have. You “connections” have dried up and now you do not know what to do. Now is the fun part because now you get to identify your target market and find people that want your services and know you only because you have a business. This sounds amazing but how do you do that? Now you need to focus on expanding your reach and connecting with people you do not know. Carve out time to add the people you should know on LinkedIn. Look at titles, add people from your favorite businesses. Once you are connected to a person on LinkedIn you then become a 2nd connection to their followers. Once you are a connection you can DM them, sometimes email them, comment on their posts and more! LinkedIn, unlike Facebook, does not have a friend limit so the sky’s the limit. Start with a goal of 5k connections then 10 K, then 20k connections. My goal is to increase connections by 150 a week and it is paying off.
- Add Links
- LinkedIn allows you to link websites, videos, upload articles, and documents so use them! Most people do not bother to deal with the bells and whistles so step outside the box! I have my website, my youtube and my VCita contact plugin connected on my LinkedIn.
Grab The How To Totally Rock LinkedIn Workbook!
Want extra help on LinkedIn? Book a session with Average Black Girl!
Photo by Teresa Kluge on Unsplash
16,732 total views, 2 views today