So yesterday I was engulfed in my work. I had just brought myself out of a funk that I will talk about more in the next blog. I set the ambiance for productivity. I put on my favorite on-demand movie “After All These Years” so I have something in the background. I lit some candles and last but not least I turned on my favorite item that I purchased at a craft fair in 2009.
I looked up after 45 minutes and there is candle wax all over my counter dripping down the drawers and a pool has collected on the carpet. I got into fast action and followed these simple steps to save my carpet.
- Get a plastic back and fill it with ice and put the bag over the wax.
- Let the wax freeze.
- Plug in the iron and let it warm up. While that is warming get a cloth that you don’t mind possibly changing colors due to wax. A face towel will work, no need to ruin a big one.
- Using a warm iron, slowly press the iron on top of the cloth. You’ll see that the material will start to absorb the wax and lift it off the carpet.
- Complete step 4 with a different part of the towel/cloth until all wax residue has lifted.
- If the carpet has the colored wax residue then I would use a carpet cleaner solution such as Spot Shot.
Wahla. Magic. Crisis Averted and you did not lose hours out of your day.
XOXO ~Average Black Girl~